Staff Top Picks of the Week for Monday 11/28/16 – Sunday 12/04/16
Your Sierra & Sky editorial staff picks out events in a 25 mile radius of Placerville in El Dorado County that look interesting. Here are our top picks for next week:
Holiday Art and Craft Fair by El Dorado Hills Community Service District
- DATES: Thursday, December 1, 2016 through Saturday, December 3, 2016
- WHEN: Thursday 3-7 pm; Friday 9 am to 8 pm; Saturday 9 am to 3 pm
- WHERE: El Dorado Hills Community Service District (CSD) Pavillion, 1021 Harvard Blvd, El Dorado Hills, CA
- COST: Free
- DETAILS: The Holiday Art and Craft Fair offers a great holiday experience for families and friends. If you’re looking for unique gifts then make the Holiday Art and Craft Fair your holiday shopping headquarters. Over 20 vendors will have handmade soaps, candles, jewelry, beautiful artwork, holiday decorations and food.
- MORE INFORMATION: Interested vendors can contact Mike Cottrell at 916-614-3215 or firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.eldoradohillscsd.org/
Run with Santa by Cameron Park Community Services District
- DATE: Saturday, December 3, 2016
- WHEN: 7:00 am check in to 9:30 am
- WHERE: Cameron Park Community Center, 2502 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park CA
- COST: $15-30
- DETAILS: Kick off your Christmas Holiday Santa Run 5k run/walk. Your whole family will enjoy this event. The run begins and ends at the Cameron Park Community Center! You will finish with plenty of time to enjoy the Cameron Park Fire Department’s Pancake Breakfast, which is included in the Santa Run registration! Come prepared for weather because Santa will run come rain, shine or snow and so will we!
- MORE INFORMATION: For more information call (530) 677-2231
or go to https://www.showclix.com/event/santa-run-and-pancake-breakfast
A Christmas Story, the Musical by Imagination Theater
- DATEs: Various dates through December 21, 2016
- WHEN: Various times, including 7 pm evenings and 2 pm matinees
- WHERE: Imagination Theater is located on the El Dorado County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Dr., Placerville, CA 95667
- COST: $13 or $17
- DETAILS: Based on the classic 1983 movie, A Christmas Story, The Musical captures holiday wonder with funny and heartfelt songs, show stopping dancing, delicious wit and a heart of gold. After triumphant sold-out seasons on Broadway this hilarious musical, directed by Brenda Lindley, makes its Placerville debut. In 1940’s Indiana, a bespectacled boy named Ralphie has a big imagination and one wish for Christmas–a Red Ryder BB Gun. A kooky leg lamp, outrageous pink bunny pajamas, a cranky department store Santa and a triple-dog-dare to lick a freezing flagpole are just a few of the obstacles that stand between Ralphie and his Christmas dream.
- MORE INFORMATION: Tickets available at: http://christmasstory.bpt.me/ .Photo by Monique Wilber
38th Hangtown Christmas Parade by The Mountain Democrat
- DATE: Sunday, December 4, 2016
- WHEN: 1:00 pm
- WHERE: Starts at the Broadway Plaza parking lot on upper Broadway in Placerville and continues down Main Street, Placerville, CA
- COST: FREE
- DETAILS: The Hangtown Christmas Parade begins around 1PM on Sunday, December 4th. This holiday parade takes place rain or shine and starts at the Broadway Plaza parking lot on upper Broadway in Placerville and continues down Main Street. The theme for this year is “Old Fashioned Gold Country Christmas.” This event is a McIntire Family Tradition and is presented by The Mountain Democrat.
- MORE INFORMATION: For info and applications call (530) 622-1255.
More info at http://placerville-downtown.org/events/holiday-events/#xmasparade